Cultivating Ecological Wisdom
Ecological wisdom is rooted in a lived experience of the interconnection and intrinsic value and sacredness of all life. It consists of the diverse modalities of perception and consciousness – together with the knowledge, skills, and emotional intelligence – that enable humans to listen to and learn from Earth’s wisdom as well as to discern and embody actions that:
- respect and protect the diversity of life;
- enable us to “live well” in harmony with each other and other species;
- move toward ever greater justice and equity;
- protect the well-being of future generations; and
- recover a sense of the sacredness of life and meaning beyond the quest for acquisition and consumption.
Transformative learning, as practiced through the TLC, is a path to ecological wisdom, breaking down assumptions and helping us come back to life, back into fullness of relationship with spirit, ourselves, each other, and the natural world.